- Has held a position above the group level in Al-Anon service and on the 52639# phone bridge.
- Regular participation in this individual phone bridge meetings (1year).
- Regular participation in this monthly group conscience meetings (6 months).
1. Follows format for Group Conscience Meeting.
2. Maintain order and fairness in spirit of the traditions.
3. Group Conscience Chair votes to break tie.
4. New Group Conscience Chair is voted in three months before the current position ends.
5. Previous Group Conscience Chair mentors new Group Conscience Chair for the first three months of service.
6. Group Conscience Chair receives new agenda items before the meeting.
7.Group Conscience Chair and Minute Taker communicate between with each other about the new agenda items.
[7. Minute Recorder (One to three years)]
1. Records minutes of Group Conscience chair meeting
2. Counts votes, passed and failed motions.
3. Volunteers for other committees if they so choose to if they want.
4.Communicates with Group Conscience Chair on new agenda items.
5. Send minutes to Web Coordinator/Information Distributor for publication. (In the spirit of anonymity that no names be included in the written publication of the minutes)
6. New Minute Taker is voted in three months before the current position ends.
7.Previous Minute Taker mentors new Minute Taker for the first three months of service.
[8. Treasurer (three years )]
1 . Pays expenses related to the phone bridge;
a. Webhosting for August 2010 through August
2011 and miscellaneous expenses.
2 . Makes a Treasurers Report at the Group Conscience Meeting.
3 . Maintains a prudent reserve;
b. Equal to future yearly webhosting, domain name, P.O. Box and $50.00
for miscellaneous expenses.
4. Donates to WSO any contributions, including quarterly appeals, over the prudent reserve.
5. Submits the IRS 990 and 503(c) non-profit tax exempt form.
6 . Monitors the Electronic Service of incoming contributions, outgoing expenditures and donations to WSO.
7. Opens up a P.O. Box and non-profit bank account to pay expenses that do not have an Electronic Service function and for those who chose to donate by mail.
[9. Web Coordinator Duties] (three years)
Maintains the website
Update web page once a week.
[10 . Information distributor/secondary email] (one year to three years) (defined)
1. Have knowledge of the computer.
2. Has held a position above the group level on the phone bridge and preferably in public outreach.
3.Well versed on Al-Anon tradition regarding public information on the internet.
4. Knows and understands Tradition Eleven’s public relations policy.
5. Understands and agrees to respects and protect the anonymity and confidentially of individual members.
1 . Checks the general email once a week
2. Sends out announcements for bridge members that sign up for email contact
c. Summary of Group of Conscience Meeting minutes
3 . Forwards emails that are website related or technical questions to the Web Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
4 . Notifies Web Coordinator of information received in the email that is group conscience approved to post onto the website.
[11. Security Monitor (Level 2 and 3) for the whole system ] (three years)
a) Oversees secondary monitors.
b) Main contact to conference company
[12 . Guidelines for content placed on website]
12. a Purpose of website.
To have access for 52639# information as stated below;
1. Meeting Schedule
2. Meeting Formats
3. Service Positions and Duties
4. Technical Information
5. Posting information on events, announcement, workshops and committee meetings.
6. Marathon Meetings
7. Group Inventory Guidelines
8. Al-Anon Guideline Electronic Approved Information including WSO Requested Announcements
12. b What is allowed on the site?
1. Affiliated programs
Suggested that no other affiliated programs or websites be posted on this website except if World Service Office give permission to have a link to their website. (WSO website link can be a separate item at the Group Conscious meeting if permission if granted them)
2. Other phone bridges.
Other phone bridges are asked to show up to the Group Conscience Business meeting to requested to be put on the 52639# website.
3. Other Al-Anon sites.
Any other Al-Anon phone bridge follow the guidelines of this phone bridge 712-432-8733, access code 52639# and please show up to the Group Conscious Business Meeting regarding being allowed to put their information on this website.
4. What stays at the top and what the goes on the bottom in order of Importance?
As stated in 12 a.
- 1. Meeting Schedule
- 2. Meeting Formats
- 3. Service Positions and Duties
- 4. Technical Information
- 5. Posting information on events, announcement, workshops and committee meetings.
- 6. Marathon Meetings
- 7. Group Inventory Guidelines
- 8. Al-Anon Guideline Electronic Approved Information and WSO Requested Announcements.
12 c. What can’t we put on the site? (For example can’t link to WSO or have any names of any members especially not last name and not even first names)
Anything that has not gone through the Group Conscious Business meeting held on the 4 th Saturday of every month at 1:30pm EST on the 712-432-8733 access code 53639# telephone bridge number.
12 d. Who and when decides what is updated and added?
Group Conscious Business Meeting
[13. Guidelines for a meeting on website and hosting on 52639 Bridge]
13 a . Meetings are schedules 2 hours apart Eastern time zone on even numbers afternoon on the 52639# pin.
13 b. To decision to have the Technical Information on the formats can be brought back to each individual group to decide whether to have it on the format or not and also can obtain this information on the website.
13 c. As a courtesy, all new meetings and basic format drafts ideas be brought to the Group Conscious Meeting to be voted on.